[openstack-dev] [all] devstack changing to neutron by default RSN - current issues with OVH

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Aug 8 15:01:08 UTC 2016

In summary, it turns out we learned a few things:

1) neutron guests in our gate runs don't have the ability to route
outwards. For instance, if they tried to do a package update, it would fail.

2) adding the ability for them to route outwards (as would be expected
for things like package updates) was deemed table stakes for the
devstack default.

3) doing so fails one tempest test on OVH, because they seem to be
reflecting network traffic? We see connectivity between guests when it's
not expected.

My proposed path forward:

1) merge https://review.openstack.org/#/c/350750/ - devstack default change
2) merge https://review.openstack.org/#/c/352463/ - skip of tempest test
that will fail on OVH (which turns into a 10% fail rate for neutron)
3) look at moving something like
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/351876/3 into devstack-gate to handle
OVH special casing. This is going to take time, especially given that we
get maybe 2 iterations a day due to the gate being overloaded.
4) revert https://review.openstack.org/#/c/352463/

If we don't have the devstack default change merged by the middle of the
week, we probably need to abandon merging in this cycle at all, because
we need breathing space to address any possible fallout from the merge.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net