[openstack-dev] [api][os-api-ref] openstackdocstheme integration

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Mon Aug 8 12:58:46 UTC 2016

On 08/08/2016 13:47, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Hayes, Graham's message of 2016-08-08 11:28:35 +0000:
>> On 05/08/2016 19:15, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>> Excerpts from Hayes, Graham's message of 2016-08-05 17:04:35 +0000:

>>> In what way doesn't it work? Is one of the themes missing something?
>>>
>>> Doug
>>
>> Both themes are laid out differently. One uses bootstrap and the other
>> doesn't, one has a different view on what should be hidden, and where
>> TOCs belong.
>>
>> The end result was that for the oslosphinx integration we included extra
>> CSS / JS, but that code can cause conflicts with openstackdocstheme.
>
> Would putting that extra stuff into oslosphinx, as an optional part of
> the them, make the transition any easier?
>
> Doug

I don't think so - with the changes to the structure of the HTML things
will be broken anyway.

It is unfortunate, but I think we have a better chance of doing the cut
over now, before more projects start using the library.

If everyone agrees with the patch for the phased roll over, I can submit
the patches to all the required repos, and help them get merged.

Graham