[openstack-dev] [neutron][grafana][infra] how to read grafana

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 12:40:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

I was looking at grafana today, and spotted another weirdness.

See the periodic jobs dashboard:

http://grafana.openstack.org/dashboard/db/neutron-failure-rate?panelId=4&fullscreen

Currently it shows for me 100% failure rate for py34/oslo-master job,
starting from ~Aug 3. But when I go to openstack-health, I don’t see those
runs at all:

http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/job/periodic-neutron-py34-with-neutron-lib-master

(^ The last run is July 31.)

But then when I drill down into files, I can see more recent runs, like:

http://logs.openstack.org/periodic/periodic-neutron-py34-with-neutron-lib-master/?C=M;O=A
http://logs.openstack.org/periodic/periodic-neutron-py34-with-neutron-lib-master/faa24e0/testr_results.html.gz

The last link points to a run from yesterday. And as you can see it is
passing.

So, what’s wrong with the grafana dashboard? And why doesn’t
openstack-health show the latest runs?

Ihar