[openstack-dev] [api][os-api-ref] openstackdocstheme integration

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Mon Aug 8 11:28:35 UTC 2016

On 05/08/2016 19:15, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Hayes, Graham's message of 2016-08-05 17:04:35 +0000:
>> Hey,
>>
>> We look like we are getting close to merging the os-api-ref integration
>> with openstackdocstheme.
>>
>> Unfortunately, there is no "phased" approach available - the version
>> released with compatibility for openstackdocstheme will not work
>> with oslo.sphinx.
>
> In what way doesn't it work? Is one of the themes missing something?
>
> Doug

Both themes are laid out differently. One uses bootstrap and the other
doesn't, one has a different view on what should be hidden, and where
TOCs belong.

The end result was that for the oslosphinx integration we included extra
CSS / JS, but that code can cause conflicts with openstackdocstheme.

As one theme already uses bootstrap, the css (and the classes applied
to the HTML elements) has to be modified, and is incompatible with the
old theme, as it was only using the sideloaded bootstrap css in a
section of the page.

The review for the integration is here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/322430/

- Graham