[openstack-dev] [release] Re: [Neutron][L2GW] Mitaka release of L2 Gateway now available

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 09:34:07 UTC 2016

James Page <james.page at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi Carl
>
> On Thu, 19 May 2016 at 21:51 Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
> wrote:
> > We have the same issue with version numbers regressing no matter when we
> > cut the next release, so it's up to the team. It might be easier to deal
> > with now while it's fresh in our minds.
> >
> > I would like to update the instructions that were followed to give
> > better information about version numbers. Can someone point me to the
> > documentation that was used for the release process?
>
> Hi, they are here [1].  Built from here [2].
>
> Carl
>
> Any update on re-tagging the mitaka release of networking-l2gw with the
> correct semantic version?  I'm working on packaging updates for Debian
> and Ubuntu, and don't really want to push in 2016.1.0, only to have to
> then bump the epoch (versioning semantic in Debian for dealing with
> changes in versioning that result in out of order versions) again once
> the next semantically versioned release comes out.

(Hey, neutron release liaison here.)

I was thinking we will stick to the (unfortunate) versioning for the
subproject for the time of Mitaka. But I am happy to switch versioning if
it makes someone’s life easier. Though I would like to hear a confirmation
on that from l2gw folks first. (I added some cores to CC.)

> Also, what are networking-l2gw's plans for Newton?  I also manage the
> packaging of vmware-nsx, which amongst other things, depends on
> networking-l2gw so it would be nice to have a co-ordinated release of
> networking-l2gw, vmware-nsx (and networking-sfc and tap-as-a-service -
> but I'll start another thread on that).

Note that neither vmware-nsx nor taas is part of neutron stadium, and as
such are not managed by neutron-release team. You would need to coordinate
with them separately.

There was a thread on SFC lately asking for Mitaka release. I guess we
don’t have any stable branches so far for the subproject.

Ihar