[openstack-dev] [nova] [scheduler] Use ResourceProviderTags instead of ResourceClass?

Alex Xu soulxu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 02:51:28 UTC 2016

Chris, thanks for the blog to explain your idea! It helps me understand
your idea better.

I agree the goal for API interface design in your blog. But one point I
guess you also agree, that is "The interface is easy to understand for API
user". So look at the example of API request flow with gabbi,  it is pretty
clear for me even I didn't spend any time to learn the gabbi. That means:
gabbi is cool and the interface is clear! But the only confuse is "total:
∞". And the related ResourceClass is "ssd", does it mean disk size is
infinite? For a user, he is learning our API, he needs to search the
document, due to he want to know "what is this special usage way means to".
If user can understand our API without any document, so that is prefect.

I agree all of other point you said, limit resource, unified concept. If we
want to finish that goal, I think the way is "Use ResourceProviderTags
instead of ResourceClass", not "Use ResourceClass instead of ResourceClass"