[openstack-dev] [tripleo] HA with only one node.

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Sun Aug 7 02:51:50 UTC 2016

On 08/06/2016 03:20 PM, Dan Prince wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-08-06 at 13:21 -0400, Adam Young wrote:
>> As I try to debug Federaion problems, I am often finding I have to
>> check
>> three nodes to see where the actual requrest was processed. However,
>> If
>> I close down to of the controller nodes in Nova, the whole thing just
>> fails.
>>

>> So, while that in it self is a problem, what I would like to be able
>> do in development is have HA running, but with only a single
>> controller
>> node answering requests.  How do I do that?
> I have a $HOME/custom.yaml environment file which contains this:
>
> parameters:
>    ControllerCount: 1
>
> If you do something similar and then include that environment in your
> --environments list you should end up with just a single controller.
>
> Do this in addition to using environments/puppet-pacemaker.yaml and you
> should have "single node HA" (aka pacemaker on a single controller).
Cool, will try it.

I kindof am still doing trial and error on a cluster we're I've made
changes on the node.   Not ready to tear them down.  But the fact that
killing a node means that Web calls fail means that HA Proxy is not
sufficient to give us HA.  Is there something I can do with the Load
Balancer or something if I shut down two of the nodes to keep things
running?