[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [stable] [all] Changing stable policy for drivers

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Aug 6 22:11:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-06 17:51:02 -0400 (-0400), Ben Swartzlander wrote:
[...]
> when it's no longer to run dsvm jobs on them (because those jobs
> WILL eventually break as infra stops maintaining support for very
> old releases) then we simply remove those jobs and rely on vendor
> CI + minimal upstream tests (pep8, unit tests).

This suggestion has been resisted in the past as it's not up to our
community's QA standards, and implying there is "support" when we
can no longer test that changes don't cause breakage is effectively
dishonest. In the past we've held that if a branch is no longer
testable, then there's not much reason to collaborate on code
reviewing proposed backports in the first place. If we're reducing
these branches to merely a holding place for "fixes" that "might
work" it doesn't sound particularly beneficial.
--
Jeremy Stanley