[openstack-dev] [infra][neutron] - best way to load 8021q kernel module into cirros

Kevin Benton kevin at benton.pub
Fri Aug 5 21:37:26 UTC 2016

Hi,

In neutron there is a new feature under active development to allow a VM to
attach to many networks via its single interface using VLAN tags.

We would like this to be tested in a scenario test in the gate, but in
order to do that the guest instance must have support for VLAN tags (the
8021q kernel module for Linux VMs). Cirros does not ship with this module
so I have a few questions.

Do any other projects need to load a kernel module for a specific test? If
not, where would the best place be to store the module so we can load it
for that test; or, should we download it directly from the Internet
(worried about the stability of this)?

Thanks,
Kevin Benton