[openstack-dev] [all] devstack changing to neutron by default RSN

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 20:32:47 UTC 2016

On 5 August 2016 at 13:05, Dan Smith <dms at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > I haven't been able to reproduce it either, but it's unclear how packets
> > would get into a VM on an island since there is no router interface, and
> > the VM can't respond even if it did get it.
> >
> > I do see outbound pings from the connected VM get to eth0, hit the
> > masquerade rule, and continue on their way.  But those packets get
> > dropped at my ISP since they're in the 10/8 range, so perhaps something
> > in the datacenter where this is running is responding?  Grasping at
> > straws is right until we see the results of Armando's test patch.
>
> Right, that's what I was thinking when I said "something with the
> provider" in my other reply. A provider could potentially always reflect
> 10/8 back at you to eliminate the possibility of ever escaping like
> that, which would presumably come back, hit the 10.1/20 route that we
> have and continue on in. I'm not entirely sure why that's not being hit
> right now (i.e. before this change), but I'm less familiar with the
> current state of the art than I am this patch.

Still digging but we have a clean pass in [0]. The multinode setup involves
br-ex [1,2], I am not quite sure how changing iptables rules fiddles with
it, if at all.

[0]
http://logs.openstack.org/76/351876/1/experimental/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-dvr-multinode-full/3a81575/logs/testr_results.html.gz
[1]