[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Be prepared for bumps in the road -- tenant_id columns have been renamed to project_id

Henry Gessau HenryG at gessau.net
Thu Aug 4 03:05:54 UTC 2016

Hello neutrinos and especially maintainers of consuming projects.

The patch [1] to rename all tenant_id columns to project_id in the Neutron DB
has merged. Although we have tried our best to check for dependencies and side
effects, this is a very fundamental change and there may be consequences we
did not predict.

Most consuming subprojects have been pre-emptively updated to absorb the
change, while others will need to adjust reactively. See [2].

Note that sqlalchemy models can still access the tenant_id property as a
synonym for project_id, but in the database schema the column name is
project_id in all tables that have it.

If you encounter a problem due to this change, please reach out to us. Reply
here or use the #openstack-neutron IRC channel.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/335786
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron-stadium-tenant2project