[openstack-dev] [Nova] Does this api modification need Microversion?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Aug 3 18:24:42 UTC 2016

On 08/03/2016 10:53 AM, Andrew Laski wrote:
> I think the discussion about whether or not this needs a microversion is missing
> the bigger question of whether or not this should be in the API to begin with.

I don't think it's actually in the API.

> If it's safe to rollback from this error state why not just do that
> automatically in Nova?

I think we do for other cases, my understanding is that the issue is whether we
would need a new microversion for the API because we're changing the
user-visible behaviour of the migrate/resize operation when something goes
wrong.  (IE rolling back to an active state on the source rather than staying in
an ERROR state.)

> To me it seems like adding a microversion because a policy rule was
> changed.

I believe this is exactly what it is.

 > I know we should have some sort of signal here for users, but I think
> we need to look at different ways to signal this type of change.

How?  The microversion is (currently) the only way the client has of determining
server behaviour.

Chris