[openstack-dev] How to create a image using http img file

Fei Long Wang feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Aug 3 01:39:48 UTC 2016

As the error said, you need to see the disk_format and container_format.
I haven't digged the code, but I think you should try to set the
container_format and disk_format when you create the image like this:

image = self.glance.images.create(name="myNewImage",

container_format='bare',

disk_format='raw',)

On 03/08/16 13:27, kristen at itri.org.tw wrote:

> refer to: glance client Python API v2
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/python-glanceclient/ref/v2/images.html
>

> *add_location*(/image_id/, /url/, /metadata/)
>
> Add a new location entry to an image’s list of locations.
>
> It is an error to add a URL that is already present in the list of
> locations.
>
> *Parameters:*
>

> ·         *image_id* –ID of image to which the location is to be added.
>
> ·         *url* –URL of the location to add.
>
> ·         *metadata* –Metadata associated with the location.
>
> *Returns:*
>

> The updated image

> #--source code--
>
> from glanceclient.v2.client import Client
>
> ……
>
> url = 'http://xxxx/ubuntu1604.qcow2'
>
> image = self.glance.images.create(name="myNewImage")
>
> self.glance.images.add_location(image.id, url, {})
>
> #--end

> I am sure the images.create is work.
>
> I got image .id  ‘be416e4a-f266-4ad5-a62f-979242d23633’.
>
> I don’t Know which data should be assign to metadata.
>
> Then I got :
>

>     self.glance.images.add_location(image.id, url, {})
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glanceclient/v2/images.py",
> line 311, in add_location
>
>     self._send_image_update_request(image_id, add_patch)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glanceclient/v2/images.py",
> line 296, in _send_image_update_request
>
>     self.http_client.patch(url, headers=hdrs, data=json.dumps(patch_body))
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glanceclient/common/http.py",
> line 284, in patch
>
>     return self._request('PATCH', url, **kwargs)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glanceclient/common/http.py",
> line 267, in _request
>
>     resp, body_iter = self._handle_response(resp)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/glanceclient/common/http.py",
> line 83, in _handle_response
>
>     raise exc.from_response(resp, resp.content)
>
> HTTPBadRequest: 400 Bad Request: Properties disk_format,
> container_format must be set prior to saving data. (HTTP 400)
>

> Best Regards,
>
> Kristen
>

> --
> 本信件可能包含工研院機密資訊,非指定之收件者,請勿使用或揭露本信件內
> 容,並請銷毀此信件。 This email may contain confidential information.
> Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are
> not the intended recipient.

Cheers & Best regards,
Fei Long Wang (王飞龙)
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Tel: +64-48032246
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington