[openstack-dev] [ironic] Priorities for the rest of the cycle

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Tue Aug 2 21:29:23 UTC 2016

Hey all,

There's some deadlines coming up:

* non-client library freeze in 3 weeks
* client library freeze in 4 weeks
* final releases in 8 weeks

http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html

As usual, we don't do a hard feature freeze at the normal feature freeze
date (4 weeks from now), however we do want to stop merging big or risky
things around that time. We also need to keep in mind that features
which need client support should obviously be done with enough time to
get the client side done before client freeze.

So with that in mind, I've recently shuffled things around a bit on our
trello board:
https://trello.com/b/ROTxmGIc/ironic-newton-priorities

There's now two lists for code patches: must have, and nice to have.
Both lists are in the order that I think things should be prioritized.
Please do stand up if you disagree on any of it. :)

Please do keep the priorities in mind when writing code or doing
reviews; we have a lot of things that are getting close, and I'd like to
finish many of these so that we don't need to carry them over to Ocata.

Thanks!

// jim