[openstack-dev] [juju charms] How to configure glance charm for specific cnider backend?

Andrey Pavlov andrey.mp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:52:28 UTC 2016

James, thank you for your answer.

I'll file bug to glance - but in current releases glance-charm have to
do it himself, right?

I'm not sure that I'm correctly understand your question.
I suppose that deployment will have glance and cinder on different machines.
Also there will be one relation between cinder and glance to configure
glance to store images in cinder.
Other steps are optional -
If cinder is used specific backend that needs additional configuration
- then it can be done via storage-backend relation (from subordinate
charm).
If this backend needs to configure glances' filters or glance's config
- then it should be done via any subordinate charm to glance (but
glance doesn't have such relations now).
Due to these suggestions I think that additional relation needs to be
added to glance to allow connecting charms (with installation in the
same container as glance).

Kind regards,
Andrey Pavlov.