[openstack-dev] [nova] os-virtual-interfaces isn't deprecated in 2.36

Alex Xu soulxu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 07:41:47 UTC 2016

>>> We should definitely move forward with novaclient CLI deprecations.
>>>
>>> We've said that microversions are idempotent, so fixing one in this case
>>> isn't really what we want to do, it should just be another bump, with
>>> things we apparently missed. I'm not sure it's super important that
>>> there is a REAL proxy API microversion. We got most of it in one go, and
>>> as long as we catch the stragglers in 2.39 (let's make that the last
>>> merged one before the release so that we can figure out anything else we
>>> missed, and keep get me a network as 2.37).
>>>

>> Yeah, I agree with another bump.
>> We miss something like this and microversion mechanism can provide us
>> with another chance.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ken Omichi
>>
>> ---

>>> Unsubscribe:

> OK I'll take a stab at writing a spec for this either tonight or tomorrow.
> We'll deprecate the proxy APIs for os-attach-interfaces show and list
> methods. We'll need to take into account that the create (attach interface)
> action uses the show method which proxies to neutron's show_port method,
> but I think we will have enough information to avoid that proxy (that could
> probably just be a separate bug fix actually).
>
> As for os-virtual-interfaces, I don't plan on deprecating that, and
> actually plan on enhancing it with a microversion in Ocata to return the
> vif tags from the model (useful for microversion 2.32). Plus we'll be able
> to use that for both nova-net and neutron since the data isn't proxied from
> anywhere, it just comes from the nova DB.

A little strange we have two API endpoints, one is
'/servers/{uuid}/os-interfaces', another one is
'/servers/{uuid}/os-virtual-interfaces'.

I prefer to keep os-attach-interface. Due to I think we should deprecate
the nova-network also. Actually we deprecate all the nova-network related
API in the 2.36 also. And os-attach-interface didn't support nova-network,
then it is the right choice.

So we can deprecate the os-virtual-interface in newton. And in Ocata, we
correct the implementation to get the vif info and tag. os-attach-interface
actually accept the server_id, and there is check ensure the port belong to
the server. So it shouldn't very hard to get the vif info and tag.

And sorry for I missed that when coding patches also...let me if you need
any help at here.