[openstack-dev] [Networking-vSphere]

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 01:04:15 UTC 2016

On 07/14/2016 09:28 AM, Igor Gajsin wrote:
> Thanks for quick reply.

Likewise, apologies for the delayed response! :(

> Let's restore the context. I develop plugin for Fuel that uses
> Networking-vSphere as the network driver. Next release of Fuel, 9.1 and
> maybe 9.X will based on mitaka.

Understood.

> For me it means that I have to have a place for commit my changes to
> driver. Now I'm working on changing of devstack/plugin.sh to make
> possible to install either OVSvApp or VMware DVS driver. But my
> ambitions are spread much further.

Land any feature changes in master branch. If you need to backport
anything to a Mitaka-based source repository due to Mirantis OpenStack
being based on stable/mitaka code, then you will need to create a
Mirantis internal branch of the upstream stable/mitaka
networking-vsphere branch and apply your changes to that internal branch.

> I have several ideas how to improve vmware dvs and my question is can I
> full-fledged develop it or not?

Of course you can! Only you need to propose these improvements to the
upstream master branch first.

Best,
-jay