[openstack-dev] [Nova] [RFC] ResourceProviderTags - Manage Capabilities with ResourceProvider

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Mon Aug 1 12:41:06 UTC 2016

[Mooney, Sean K] the main drawback with that as an end user is you cannot tell what combination of capabilities will
Work together.  For example a cloud might provide SSDs and GPUs but they may not be provided on the
Same host or indeed still available on the same host though in the latter case no valid host would be the expected behavior.
That said this can be somewhat mitigated via operators creating flavors that will work with their infra which is a reasonable requirement
For us to ask them to fulfill but tenant could still uploads images with capability request or indeed craft boot requests that would still fail.
You would basically need to return a list of capability  adjacency lists so that the end user could build the matrix of what features can be requested together.
That would potentially be computationally intensive in the api but mysql should be able to compute it efficiently.