[openstack-dev] [nova] Distributed Database

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Fri Apr 29 12:48:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, 29 Apr 2016, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> So, we're all here in person this week (with 1 day left). The Nova team has a
> meetup session all day (Salon A in the Hilton). Clint/Ed, can you guys show
> up to that and bring these issues up in person so we can actually talk
> through this? Preferably in the morning since people are starting to leave
> after lunch.

If this happens, I hope the notes will be excellent, because this
seems like a rather important topic and those of us not able to be in
the room...

It seems to me like there are several overlapping general topics
(below) which are, some of the time, conflated under the topic of
"cells" but at least some people think Cells is symptom not a
solution, other people think it is overreaching and yet others think
it isn't reaching far enough.

* Which kind of distributed is Nova supposed to be?
* Are we scaling the right stuff?
* Are we isolating the right stuff?
* What's right/wrong with how we do state management?
* What's right/wrong with how we do messaging?
* What's right/wrong with how we do RPC (not the same thing, despite the
   current precedent)?
* Is there such a thing as an event? Should there be?

--
Chris Dent               (╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻            http://anticdent.org/