[openstack-dev] [neutron] OSC transition

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:18:21 UTC 2016

It is neutron related topic. I added [neutron] tag to the subject.

> Dear All,
>

> I have a question about OSC transition, recently, the community approves
> moving bgp out of neutron, as a service like other *aas. The BGP CLIs need
> be removed from neutronclient. Because of OSC transition, I can not just
> move the BGP CLIs code from python-neutronclient repo to
> neutron-dynamic-routing repo. I have to refactor the code and do transition
> to OSC plugin system.

In the most recent discussion [1], we are thinking to keep CLI supports for *aas
in python-neutronclient repo so that users can use CLI (OSC plugin) just by
installing python-neutronclient. I am fine to keep BGP stuff in the
neutronclient repo.
neutron-dynamic-routing is not listed in [1] yet but we can add
dynamic-routing stuff here.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/python-neutronclient/blob/master/doc/source/devref/transition_to_osc.rst

Akihiro