[openstack-dev] [kolla][kubernetes] Mirantis participation in kolla-mesos project and shift towards Kubernetes

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 09:57:45 UTC 2016

FYI, in the current implementation, a single image seems
big, around 300MB - 1G. But when push all the image to
the registry service, you will find that the total size
of the images is just 2GB. When distribute the image, It
just takes less 30s to transfer images( 2GB / 100MB/s < 30s ).

This is what the Steve said above. Kolla leverage the docker
parent image and the total size of the images is smaller than
you think.

Regards,
Jeffrey Zhang
Blog: http://xcodest.me