[openstack-dev] [openstack-manuals] What the status of DocImpact

ZhiQiang Fan aji.zqfan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 00:00:10 UTC 2016

Hi Doc Team,

I want to know the recent status of DocImpact tag, is it deprecated for
config option changes now? If it's true, then what the workflow for config
reference now, any hint or link?

Previously, when a patch has impact to document, including config option
changes, I usually ask contributors to add a DocImpact, hence there will be
a bug track the document issue.

Recently, a patch lands in Ceilometer which adds two new options, and
Ceilometer receives the auto created document bug. However, when I submit a
patch to openstack-manuals to fix it, I was told by a core that such change
is not needed any more, I searched latest merged patch in openstack-manuals
and found what he said is true, but still don't know why and what action I
should follow in Ceilometer/Aodh projects

Thank you very much!

ZhiQiang Fan