[openstack-dev] Summit Core Party after Austin

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri Apr 22 21:40:19 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Chivers, Doug's message of 2016-04-22 10:17:45 -0700:
> The Vancouver core party was a fantastic opportunity to meet some very smart people and learn a lot about the projects they worked on. It was probably one of the most useful parts of the summit, certainly more so than the greasy marketing party, and arguably a much better use of developer time.
>
> An opportunity to chill out and talk to technical people over a quiet beer? Long may that continue, even if it is not the core party in its current form.

Honestly, a common theme I see in all of this is "can we just have more
relaxed evening events?"

Perhaps this will happen naturally if/when we split design summit and
conference. But in the mean time, maybe we can just send this message
to party planners: Provide us with interesting spaces to converse and
bond in, and we will be happier.