[openstack-dev] [magnum][app-catalog][all] Build unified abstraction for all COEs

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Apr 21 19:38:42 UTC 2016

The COE's have a pressure not to standardize their api's between competing COE's. If you can lock a user into your api, then they cant go to your competitor.

The standard api really needs to come from those invested in not being locked in. OpenStack's been largely about that since the beginning. It may not belong in Magnum, but I do believe it belongs in OpenStack.

Thanks,
Kevin