[openstack-dev] Question about OpenStack Code of Conduct

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 21 18:04:17 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-21 17:54:56 +0000 (+0000), Adrian Otto wrote:
> Below is an excerpt from:
> https://www.openstack.org/legal/community-code-of-conduct/
>
> "When we disagree, we consult others. Disagreements, both social
> and technical, happen all the time and the OpenStack community is
> no exception. It is important that we resolve disagreements and
> differing views constructively and with the help of the community
> and community processes. We have the Technical Board, the User
> Committee, and a series of other governance bodies which help to
> decide the right course for OpenStack. There are also Project Core
> Teams and Project Technical Leads, who may be able to help us
> figure out the best direction for OpenStack. When our goals differ
> dramatically, we encourage the creation of alternative
> implementations, so that the community can test new ideas and
> contribute to the discussion.”
>
> Does the “Technical Board” mentioned above mean “Technical
> Committee” or “Foundation board of directors”? It is not clear to
> me when consulting our list of governance bodies[1]. It’s
> mentioned along with the “User Committee”, so I think the text
> actually meant “Technical Committee”. Who can clarify this
> ambiguity?

This question would probably be better asked on the
foundation at lists.openstack.org mailing list since the openstack-dev
audience doesn't generally have direct control over content on
www.openstack.org/legal, but the wording seems to have been
partially copied from the Ubuntu community's[1] which refers to
their analogue[2] of our TC.

[1] https://launchpad.net/codeofconduct/1.0.1
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoard
--