[openstack-dev] [horizon][keystone] Getting Auth Token from Horizon when using Federation

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 14:22:46 UTC 2016

On 04/18/2016 12:34 PM, Martin Millnert wrote:
> (** ECP is a new feature, not supported by all IdP's, that at (second)
> best requires reconfiguration of core authentication services at each
> customer, and at worst requires customers to change IdP software
> completely. This is a varying degree of showstopper for various
> customers.)

The majority of work to support ECP is in the SP, not the IdP. In fact
IdP's are mostly agnostic with respect to ECP, there is nothing ECP
specific an IdP must implement other than supporting the SOAP binding
for the SingleSignOnService which is trivial. I've yet to encounter an
IdP that does not support the SOAP binding.

What IdP are you utilizing which is incapable of receiving an
AuthnRequest via the SOAP binding?

--
John