[openstack-dev] [kolla] kolla-mesos development being scaled back

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at mirantis.com
Wed Apr 20 06:50:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 4:43 PM Steven Dake (stdake) <stdake at cisco.com>
wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I know a lot of folks are already aware of this, but as we head into
> summit, in the interest of an Open Community, it is important to share this
> information widely.  The major implementors of the kolla-emsos repository
> listed in this specification [1] don't intend to continue its development
> within the Kolla project governance.  I suspect we will end up placing this
> repository in the attic and removing it s a deliverable for Kolla under
> Kolla governance and TC oversight.
>
> Heading into summit, I want folks to understand this fact - kolla–mesos
> was started as an experimental repository to re-use much of the design of
> Kolla, and the project has had some success at achieving this goal.
> Unfortunately the project implementors don't intend to continue its
> development in the Open, but instead take it "internal" and work on it
> privately.  I disagree with this approach, but as the PTL of Kolla I have
> done everything I can to provide an inviting positive working environment
> for the folks working on kolla-mesos.  It is such a shame, as kolla-emsos
> is making good progress.  The core-reviewers will have to vote (after
> summit concludes) what to do with the repository and all of the good work
> produced so far, but I don't believe there is enough support to continue
> the repository development.

Hi

So yeah, this was a business decision (out of my hands) and not related to
anything in the community. In fact I must thank everyone
that has helped out with reviews and encouragement along the way.

Sorry that it will be not continued, I have really enjoyed working on
it. For me personally I'll be working on Murano and Heat from now on.

-Angus