[openstack-dev] [kolla] How to get rpm locally during kolla build

Gerard Braad me at gbraad.nl
Wed Apr 20 06:27:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 2:12 PM,  <hu.zhijiang at zte.com.cn> wrote:
> I have network problem, it is unstable. Then `kolla-build --registry
> 127.0.0.1:4000 --push ` always fail when building openstack-base  image
> I wonder if there is any way to put those rpms into local directory then the
> network problem can be work around.

Some time ago I experienced the same problem, having an unreliable
internet connection. I haven't spent a lot of time on the code to make
this configurable or point to another location. I just make a local
copy of the RPM repository locally, hosted it using nginx and made my
DNS point trunk.rdoproject.org to an internal address. I have done
this as many evaluations happened against this RPMs, not just for
Kolla. I would also like to know if this is possible, although the
above solution worked (and was an easy/quick workaround) for me.

regards,

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德