[openstack-dev] [kolla] let the liberty backport begin

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Tue Apr 19 23:50:05 UTC 2016

Hey folks,

Thanks to the release team and infrastructure team, we have a stable/liberty branch that is equivalent as of this afternoon to each other.  Michal is free to submit his backport patch to stable/liberty now.

In the process I was required to abandon all changes against stable/liberty.  If you find your change needs to go into stable/liberty, it should go into master first then stable/mitaka, THEN stable/liberty.  Any bugs that require backports require a bug id for proper tracking, so we don't miss bug fixes.  If you find your bug is high or critical, please do not use "TrivalFix" as a flag for the bug.

There is one exception to the "master first" rule and that involves patches like Michal is doing which would just break master and mitaka if they followed that workflow.  Patches in this category alter the upstream repos we point to or tarballs we use.  NO FEATURES should be backported.

Michal,
Feel free to get  your patch merged.  Lets try to get something functional before summit. :)

Regards,
-steve