[openstack-dev] [nova] [neutron] the nova network facade that isn't

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Tue Apr 19 21:07:10 UTC 2016

I've got scripts I use nova floating ip subcommands to attach/detach floating ips occasionally because it was easier to write then using the equiv neutron commands even though I'm using neutron. I'd think some folks will be doing the same.

That being said, we'll have to rewrite all that code for the unified openstack client anyway, so the porting effort will have to happen one way or the other anyway. So probably not that big a deal. But probably best in the deprecation notes to point them to the openstack client instead of the neutron client if they are using nova instead of neutron cli for some neutron bits.

Thanks,
Kevin