[openstack-dev] [tripleo][heat][all] Summit session clashes

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 08:29:26 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 04:24:46PM +1200, Steve Baker wrote:
>    All of the TripleO design summit sessions are on Thursday afternoon in
>    slots which clash with Heat sessions. Heat is a core component of TripleO
>    and as a contributor to both projects I was rather hoping to attend as
>    many of both sessions as possible - I don't think I'm alone in this
>    desire.
>
>    Is it possible that some horse trading could take place to reduce the
>    clashes? Maybe TripleO sessions could move to Wednesday morning?

Yes I agree this is unfortunate.  I already queried the clashes wrt the
contributor meetups, and was told we can only adjust if we can find another
project willing to switch - I'm Open to negotiation if any other PTLs wish
to change sessions at this late stage.

I see the current Heat schedule has SoftwareDeployment improvements [1] and
Issues with very large stacks [2] at non-conflicting times, which is good
as these are probably amongst the top priorities for TripleO (other than
performance improvements, which relates to very-large-stacks).

One observation I would make is that Heat does have a pretty large number
of sessions (12 in total plus meetup), this is always going to present
challenges from a scheduling point of view - perhaps we can ask for a
volunteer or two (other than myself) from the Heat community who is willing
to cover at least the Upgrades fishbowl[3] and Composable Services
workroom[4] sessions if we can't resolve the conflicts.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9115
[2] https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/summit-schedule/events/9117