[openstack-dev] [all] Removal of in progress console log access

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Mon Apr 18 16:18:42 UTC 2016

Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> writes:

> On 04/18/2016 11:22 AM, James E. Blair wrote:
>> Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> writes:
>>
>>> Bummer. This gets used a to figure out the state of things given that
>>> zuul links to the console even after the job is complete. Changing that
>>> to the log server link would mitigate the blind spot.
>>
>> Yeah, we know it's important, which is why we're working on getting it
>> back, but will take a little bit of time.  In the interim, rather than
>> linking to a dead URL, I removed the links from the status page
>> altogether.  However, if it would be better overall to link to the log
>> server (which will result in 404s until the logs are actually uploaded
>> at the end of the job), we could probably do that instead.  I'm sure
>> we'll get questions, but we could probably put a banner at the top of
>> the page and we may get slightly fewer of them.
>
> The links could be added only after the individual test run completes.
> That would mean no 404s right? But allow link access once their are
> results to be seen.

Yes we could do that -- though for the final job, you may need to watch
closely to grab the link before it disappears.  However, I guess in that
case, you can just grab them from the change, eh?

So -- the best plan is: no links on jobs names to start, then as each
individual job completes, switch the name to a link to the log url for
that job.  Yeah?

-Jim