[openstack-dev] [Neutron] L3 HA testing on scale

John Schwarz jschwarz at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 15:42:46 UTC 2016

This is some awesome work, Ann. It's very neat to see that all the
races we've struggled with w.r.t. the l3 scheduler has paid off. I
would definitely like to see how these results are effected by
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/305774/ but understandably 49
physical nodes are hard to come by.

Also, we should see how to best handle of the issue Ann found (and is
tracked at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/305774/). Specifically,
reproducing this should be our goal.

John.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Anna Kamyshnikova
<akamyshnikova at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> As a developer I use Devstack or multinode OpenStack installation (4-5
> nodes) for work, but these are "abstract" environments, where you are not
> able to perform some scenarios as your machine is not powerful enough. But
> it is really important to understand the issues that real deployments have.
>
> Recently I've performed testing of L3 HA on the scale environment 49 nodes
> (3 controllers, 46 computes) Fuel 8.0. On this environment I ran shaker and
> rally tests and also performed some manual destructive scenarios. I think
> that this is very important to share these results. Ideally, I think that we
> should collect statistics for different configurations each release to
> compare and check it to make sure that we are heading the right way.
>
> The results of shaker and rally tests [1]. I put detailed report in google
> doc [2]. I would appreciate all comments on these results.
>
> [1] - http://akamyshnikova.github.io/neutron-benchmark-results/
> [2] -
> https://docs.google.com/a/mirantis.com/document/d/1TFEUzRRlRIt2HpsOzFh-RqWwgTzJPBefePPA0f0x9uw/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Regards,