[openstack-dev] [vitrage] Cinder Datasource

Weyl, Alexey (Nokia - IL) alexey.weyl at nokia.com
Thu Apr 14 12:59:57 UTC 2016

Vitrage is a OpenStack project which supports Root Cause Analysis functionality for OpenStack, with support for raising additional deduced alarms and states. For this purpose Vitrage gathers information from multiple OpenStack projects about the state of the system, and how the different entities are related to one another.

This update was about first steps of adding Cinder into the Vitrage model - Vitrage can query Cinder to get the list of volumes and which instance they are attached to, and store this information in the Vitrage data model.

Based on your question, it is important to emphasize that Vitrage does not itself make changes to the system - it is concerned only in reflecting and analyzing what is happening and raising alarms / changing states as a result.

For more information on Vitrage, please see here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Vitrage

Best Regards,
Alexey Weyl