[openstack-dev] [python-keystoneclient] Return request-id to caller

koshiya maho koshiya.maho at po.ntts.co.jp
Wed Apr 13 07:23:31 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I have submitted patches [1] for returning request-id to the caller
on which Brant has raised his concerns [2];

Brant’s concern:
We've tried a couple of times to have the client return metadata for the lists returned
and we wound up reverting the change both times because it broke some user --
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/285549/

I don't know what the solution is to the problem but this isn't going to work.
Maybe we to add a flag or new functions or start a whole new client library so that
applications can opt-in to this.

I have tried this manually in my local environment and found that it is not failing
with the patch suggested by Brant as well as with my changes.

Steps:
(1)clone openstack-infra/shade project
(2)create tox environment
(3)apply my patch (or above patch) to .tox environment
(4)run tests -- $tox -e py27 shade.tests.functional.test_xxx

You can see all tests are passing without any error.
I have also verified that _ListWithMeta class is returned from keystoneclient by adding pdb in
keystoneclient/base.py _list method.

My request to all keystone cores to give their suggestions about the same.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#q,topic:bp/return-request-id-to-caller,n,z
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/261188/

Thank you,

--