[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Can we create some subteams?

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Mon Apr 11 15:33:53 UTC 2016

On 04/11/2016 04:54 AM, John Trowbridge wrote:
> Hola OOOers,
>
> It came up in the meeting last week that we could benefit from a CI
> subteam with its own meeting, since CI is taking up a lot of the main
> meeting time.
>
> I like this idea, and think we should do something similar for the other
> informal subteams (tripleoclient, UI), and also add a new subteam for
> tripleo-quickstart (and maybe one for releases?).
>
> We should make seperate ACL's for these subteams as well. The informal
> approach of adding cores who can +2 anything but are told to only +2
> what they know doesn't scale very well.

How so?  Are we planning to give people +2 even though we don't trust
them to not +2 things they shouldn't?  I remain of the opinion that if
we need ACL controls to keep someone from doing something then they
shouldn't have +2 in the first place.

Quickstart is a bit of a weird case because the regular contributors to
it have not previously been very involved in TripleO upstream so I don't
think most of us have enough context to know whether they should have
+2.  I guess the UI would fall under the same category, so I'd be in
favor of keeping those two separate, but otherwise I think we're
creating bureaucracy for its own sake.

-Ben