[openstack-dev] [User-committee] [all] [app-catalog] Newton summit schedule

Christopher Aedo doc at aedo.net
Mon Apr 11 15:05:51 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Yih Leong, Sun. <yihleong at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it needs to relate to 'workload'.
> The Enterprise WG is working on a series of workload reference architecture.
> These architecture documents will include sample Heat template for each type
> of workload. We can work together and include Murano if resources permitted.
> These will be published in conjunction with the OpenStack Sample Config.
> http://www.openstack.org/software/sample-configs/

I like the of focusing on workloads and associating them with the
right reference architecture to support them.  That however seems like
the intended application(s) would be very closely tied to the
configuration of the cloud itself.  That scenario does not lend itself
to re-distributing an application for use by other users (i.e. a
portable app that can be used by multiple different clouds).  Unless
I'm misunderstanding?

You mention Murano here as well - why?  Hopefully you have not
conflated the Community App Catalog with Murano :)  They're different
animals entirely!

-Christopher