[openstack-dev] Constant attempts from Matthew Kassawara to remove Debian from the install-guide

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Apr 9 18:22:11 UTC 2016

On 04/09/2016 06:21 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
> This thread is completely and totally inappropriate. Attacking a person
> the mailing list is a violation of our community standards.

Monty,

I don't take it lightly either. Please think twice about who's behavior
is inappropriate.

Because I've seen attempts from Matthew to remove Debian from the
install-guide, I was monitoring the -doc list. I've seen no thread about
it, neither I haven't been contacted, or even pinged on IRC. To me, it's
clear that it has been done behind my back, when I was not watching. And
this is a repeating pattern.

Don't you think that, at the bare minimum, I should have been
approached, and the topic discussed with me, at least to let me know
about a collective decision from the -doc team?

If it happened in a normal way, I would have probably accept it. Doing
it again, when I'm not watching (the same way it was done before),
*that* is "totally inappropriate", as you put it.

> However, this approach to this problem is categorically unacceptable
> in OpenStack.

What approach do you recommend in this case? I should just shut up, not
mention Matthew's name, and give-up my contributions, just so that I can
stay polite and pretend everyone is nice? Or let this pattern repeat
itself during another 2 years?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)