[openstack-dev] [all][stackalytics] Gaming the Stackalytics stats

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:41:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 12:26 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Team,
>
> Steve pointed out to a problem in Stackalytics:
> https://twitter.com/stevebot/status/718185667709267969
>
> It's pretty clear what's happening if you look here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/owner:openstack-infra%2540lists.openstack.org+status:open
>
> Here's the drastic step (i'd like to avoid):
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/303545/

Allow me to go and +1 that even if it hurts my stats when the -2 comes. :)

I fear that the only way to make Stackalytics meaningless to
management-types is for it to go away, only to be replaced by some other
(possibly worse) metric to be misused.

We all need to educate our internal company leadership on the (lack of)
actual truth in those numbers...

dt

--

Dean Troyer