[openstack-dev] [designate][osc] new sub commands - how should they be named?

reedip banerjee reedip14 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 23:14:52 UTC 2016

Hi Graham,
Service is somewhat a pretty common word and would have been used by
several components. But the distinguishing point between Keystone,
Designate, Nova et.al . would be the component ( in this case , dns) to
which the subcommand belongs to.

Also, the below commands make more sense.
>    openstack dns service list
>    openstack dns service show

You can continue with these options IMHO.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 8:23 PM, Morgan Fainberg <morgan.fainberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Sheel Rana Insaan <ranasheel2000 at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hey Graham,
>>
>> I just added service for block storage, we have named these
>> openstack volume service list/enable/disable.
>>
>> Same protocol is used for nova as well previosly.
>>
>> Hope this will help.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sheel Rana

>>> sorry, yes - I just included the sub commands.

>>> if
>>> service

> I think the offered options make a lot of sense:
>
>     openstack dns service list
>     openstack dns service show
>

> I would encourage continued use of the namespacing like this for future
> subcommands where possible (as it seems cinder and nova are already on
> track to do).
>
> --Morgan

Thanks and Regards,
Reedip Banerjee