[openstack-dev] [neutron] OVSDB native interface as default in gate jobs

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Tue Apr 5 16:35:29 UTC 2016

Russell Bryant wrote:
> because they are related to two different command line utilities
> (ovs-vsctl vs ovs-ofctl) that speak two different protocols (OVSDB vs
> OpenFlow) that talk to two different daemons on the system (ovsdb-server vs
> ovs-vswitchd) ?

True, they influence two different daemons - but it's really two options
that both have two settings:

* "talk to it via the CLI tool"
* "talk to it via a native interface"

How likely is it to have one talking via native interface and the other
via CLI?

Also, if the native interface is faster, I think we should consider
making it the default.

--
Sean M. Collins