[openstack-dev] [sahara][release] missing build artifacts

michael mccune msm at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 13:33:29 UTC 2016

On 04/01/2016 04:48 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-04-01 16:27:42 -0400:
>> Sahara team,
>>
>> We noticed in our audit of the links on
>> http://releases.openstack.org/mitaka/index.html that the links to
>> the build artifacts for sahara-extras point to missing files. The
>> repository doesn't seem to have any real build jobs configured in
>> openstack-infra/project-config/zuul/layout.yaml, so it's not clear
>> how tagging is producing a release for you.
>>
>> For now, we are disabling links to the artifacts for those repos
>> via https://review.openstack.org/300457 but we're also planning to
>> remove them from the official Mitaka page since there don't appear
>> to be any actual related deliverables
>> (https://review.openstack.org/300647).
>>
>> It would be good to understand what your intent is for builds. Can
>> you follow up here on this thread with some details?

the sahara-extras repository holds mainly examples for working with
sahara. it does, however, contain a crucial part of our image
deployments, namely the hadoop-openstack connector for accessing swift
with keystone v3 authentication from within hadoop.

with that said though, i think you are correct that we do not actually
produce a build from this repo. i'm not 100% sure on that, and would
like to hear from our build wizards. this repository is useful to our
users though, i'm just not sure how we should be fitting it into the
larger picture of releases.