[openstack-dev] [bifrost][ironic][release] missing build artifacts

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sat Apr 2 12:46:51 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Julia Kreger's message of 2016-04-01 18:21:24 -0400:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>
> > Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-04-01 16:25:07 -0400:
> > > Ironic/Bifrost team,
> > >

> > > It would be good to understand what your intent is for builds. Can
> > > you follow up here on this thread with some details?
> > >

> First time partial user of the deliverables release tagging and didn't
> realize that we were
> missing the configuration necessary to push a tag up to tarballs.o.o. Would
> landing
> 300646 and then reverting it after 300474 has landed result in the
> artifacts being built
> and pushed to tarballs.o.o?

The tarball job is triggered when a new tag is added, so no. Now that
the correct jobs are in place you could apply a new tag to produce an
artifact, though. If you re-tag the same SHA as 1.0.0 with version
1.0.1, we will at least have that. We can decide what to do about the
missing artifacts separately (either remove them from the record or
disable the links to those versions).

You can either tag directly and then record the results in the releases
repo, or you can submit a release request and  let the release team
process it.

Doug