[openstack-dev] [congress][release] missing build artifacts

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Sat Apr 2 12:36:42 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Tim Hinrichs's message of 2016-04-01 22:46:59 +0000:
> Hi Doug,
>
> Thanks for letting us know.  Here's what we're intending...
> - We'd like to release the server code for Mitaka.
> - We release the client to Pypi, so that's already taken care of.
> - We haven't moved our docs off of readthedocs yet, so we're taking care of
> that as well.
>
> I gave a +1 to your patch for adding openstack-server-release-jobs to zuul.
> I also pushed a congress-only patch for the same, thinking that's probably
> what you actually wanted us to do.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/300682/

Now that the jobs are in place, we should tag new release candidates
using new versions and the same SHAs as the last candidate to get the
artifacts built properly. You can submit the request for that using the
releases repo, or you can tag yourself and submit the info after the
fact. We will decide what to do about the old artifacts you have on
launchpad separately.

> I gave a -1 to your patch that removes all the Congress deliverables from
> openstack/releases, thinking that we can have this sorted out quickly.  The
> job we're missing just produces a tarball and uploads it, right?  We've
> been manually doing releases up to this point, which is why we didn't have
> the job in place.
> https://review.openstack.org/300644
>
> I didn't touch your change on the artifact-link-mode, since it seems like a
> short-term solution that may go in before we get everything sorted.
> https://review.openstack.org/300457

Yes, we'll merge that as a short-term fix until we have the rest of it
worked out.

Doug