[openstack-dev] [Glance] Newton virtual pre-summit sync

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 1 14:54:30 UTC 2016

On 4/1/2016 7:56 AM, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> On 31/03/16 17:34 -0400, Nikhil Komawar wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm excited to see you all Glancers at the Austin summit and discuss
>> more on our project.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I feel that our summit conversations will have a lot more
>> value if we establish some prior-context to the discussions and prepare
>> ourselves for some of the sessions. Hence, I would like to call for a
>> virtual sync meetup on the week of April 11th.
>>
>> My initial plan is to have a 4 hour sync on Tuesday April 12th, from
>> 1400-1800 UTC (we can decide on the length of the sessions and the
>> required breaks later). But sending out this tentative plan to gauge the
>> feasibility and interest.
>
> Happy to join!
>
>> Please reply to this thread with your thoughts. If none, looking forward
>> to seeing you at the event.
>>
>> P.S. based on the number of interested participants we can decide on the
>> tool to be used.
>

> We can use my bluejeans bridge. It work fairly well for the virtual
> mid-cycle we
> did a couple of months ago.
>
> Flavio

To update the rest of the glance team, we're planning on a nova/glance
session during the design summit, right now that's looking like Thursday
afternoon in one of nova's fishbowl sessions.

We really need to make progress before the summit on getting a clear
picture of the steps to get glance v2 supported in nova. Some details
are in an etherpad here [1].

Sean Dague sent an email this morning on some basic baby steps there.

I've asked Nikhil that the glance v2 spec for nova be cleaned up and
re-proposed for newton by Wednesday of next week. Nikhil and Mike might
need some help from others on the glance team there.

There are other things in that etherpad that I think glance wants to
talk about with nova at the summit, but I really think those are just
distractions right now. The top priority is glance v2 support in nova,
let's just focus on that.

We might need a couple of meetings before the summit to make sure we're
on a good footing with the plan when we get in person so we can iron out
any hairy details during the design summit.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-glance-newton

Matt Riedemann