[openstack-dev] [election] [TC] TC Candidacy

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Wed Sep 30 16:01:44 UTC 2015

Hello Developers and Community,

I would like to submit my candidacy for the TC election.

I have been involved in OpenStack activities since April 2011, when I became
part one of the founders of the networking project known as Quantum at that
time. I have been a core reviewer for Neutron since November 2011. I helped
to create the networking guide and contributed to multiple chapters. I have
spoken at many OpenStack summits, meet-ups and conferences. I have been very
active in the Operators meet-up moderating multiple sessions. In few words
"I love to evangelize OpenStack".

Last four years I have gained experience on project management and leadership
from different team perspectives like technology vendors, networking start-up
and over a year as OpenStack operator. This last one has been very interesting
compare with my previous ones because of my focus on a production ready
cloud powered by OpenStack. Running a high-scale production cloud is giving me
a different perspective on how the platform should be delivered as a product
ready to use and that is what I will be bringing to the TC and to all project
members and PTLs.

As a TC member my main focus will be to close any existing gap between the
development teams and their costumers who are the OpenStack users and operators
between others. In my operator role I have validated documentation and best
practices on OpenStack deployment and operations and I have been provided all
possible feedback and I want to do more on this area. I believe we can make
OpenStack better if we open the TC to members who have deployed pure OpenStack
with no vendor specific guidelines or any specific distribution influence.

I strongly believe we will make OpenStack more solid and integrated. I will
work as cross-project liaison in order to reach this goal. I will continue my
work of evangelizing the newest OpenStack projects and guide them to have the
best adoption process by the community and also I will help them to have the
best integration with any other open-source technologies.

No matter what is the result of the election I will continue my work on
OpenStack with passion and courage. This is the best project ever and it can
be even better. Let's inject some fresh ideas to the TC, let's keep making
this platform the de-facto cloud management system for all operators either
public, private or hybrid clouds.

Thank you so much for reading and considering my humble aspiration to the TC!

--
Edgar Magana
IRC: emagana