[openstack-dev] [Large Deployments Team][Performance Team] New informal working group suggestion

Dina Belova dbelova at mirantis.com
Wed Sep 30 08:27:04 UTC 2015

Sandeep,

sorry for the late response :) I'm hoping to define 'spheres of interest'
and most painful moments using people's experience on Tokyo summit and
we'll find out what needs to be tested most and can be actually done. You
can share your ideas of what needs to be tested and focused on in
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-performance-issues etherpad,
this will be a pool of ideas I'm going to use in Tokyo.

I can either create irc channel for the discussions or we can use
#openstack-operators channel as LDT is using it for the communication.
After Tokyo summit I'm planning to set Doodle voting for the time people
will be comfortable with to have periodic meetings :)

Cheers,
Dina

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Sandeep Raman <sandeep.raman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Dina Belova <dbelova at mirantis.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey, OpenStackers!
>>
>> I'm writing to propose to organise new informal team to work specifically
>> on the OpenStack performance issues. This will be a sub team in already
>> existing Large Deployments Team, and I suppose it will be a good idea to
>> gather people interested in OpenStack performance in one room and identify
>> what issues are worrying contributors, what can be done and share results
>> of performance researches :)
>>

> Dina, I'm focused in performance and scale testing [no coding
> background].How can I contribute and what is the expectation from this
> informal team?
>

>> So please volunteer to take part in this initiative. I hope it will be
>> many people interested and we'll be able to use cross-projects session
>> slot <http://odsreg.openstack.org/cfp/details/5> to meet in Tokyo and
>> hold a kick-off meeting.
>>

> I'm not coming to Tokyo. How could I still be part of discussions if any?
> I also feel it is good to have a IRC channel for perf-scale discussion. Let
> me know your thoughts.
>

>> I would like to apologise I'm writing to two mailing lists at the same
>> time, but I want to make sure that all possibly interested people will
>> notice the email.
>>
>> Thanks and see you in Tokyo :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dina