[openstack-dev] [Cinder] [Manila] Will NFS stay with Cinder as a reference implementation?

Erlon Cruz sombrafam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:50:37 UTC 2015

Hi Vincent,

Just to complement what Mike and Gorka said, Cinder NFS drivers does not
provision FS services. It 'consumes' a FS export, and provisions block
storage.
To be more detailed, the Cinder NFS backend, mount a remote share from a
NFS server, and create/stores the cinder volumes as files inside this
exports on the volume node. In a scenario that you have Manila and Cinder,
if Manila is using the generic driver and Cinder the NFS backend, before
create a share, Manila will create a volume in Cinder, which will store
that in the NFS share as a file.

Erlon