[openstack-dev] Compute API (Was Re: [nova][cinder] how to handle AZ bug 1496235?)

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:30:09 UTC 2015

On 26 September 2015 at 07:04, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at outlook.com> wrote:

> Maybe there should be a 'warm' project or something ;)
>
> Or we can call it 'bbs' for 'building block service' (obviously not
> bulletin board system); ask said service to build a set of blocks into well
> defined structures and let it figure out how to make that happen...

I was looking for a pun on herding cats for the name, but I've not yet come
up with one.

More seriously though, I don't see this as directly heat - heat is a
project with much  greater scope. What I'm thinking of is, like
cinder/neutron, just breaking out a small piece of the nova API, cleaning
it up and adding any obviously missing features. It is a project that could
easily be ruined by scope creep.