[openstack-dev] Apache2 vs uWSGI vs ...

David Stanek dstanek at dstanek.com
Fri Sep 25 12:54:41 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 8:25 AM Adam Heczko <aheczko at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Are we discussing mod_wsgi and Keystone or OpenStack as a general?
> If Keystone specific use case, then probably Apache provides broadest
> choice of tested external authenticators.
> I'm not against uwsgi at all, but to be honest expectation that nginx
> could substitute Apache in terms of authentication providers is simply
> unrealistic.

uwsgi isn't a replacement for Apache. It's a replacement for mod_wsgi. It
just so happens that it does let you use user web servers if that's what
your usecase dictates.

As a Keystone developer I don't want to tell deployers that they have to
use Apache. It should be their choice. Since Apache is the most common web
server in our community I think we should continue to provide example
configurations and guidance for it.

-- David